11.20.2007

Nobody Doesn't Like Sara Lee

We got an early start to our Thanksgiving festivities today. First, Austin had his Thanksgiving feast at preschool. Being so "with it" I neglected to sign up to bring treats in for his Halloween party. I was determined to do better for Thanksgiving, but by the time I remembered to check the sign up sheet pretty much the only thing left was cups.

I kinda felt like Phoebe in the episode of Friends when she and Monica are throwing a party for someone and then Monica ends up taking charge and planning it all. When Phoebe finds out Monica pretends to give her the "great" job of being in charge of the cups and ice. Phoebe ends up going all out, even setting up a sno-cone station and the cups and ice end up being the hit of the party.

Anyways, back to the Thanksgiving sign up sheet. I got stuck with bringing in the cups, so I felt like I had to make them somewhat special. By the time I was in Meijer last nite at 10:30 I was becoming a bit apathetic but I managed to find some cute Thanksgiving stickers of cats and dogs dressed liked pilgrims and Indians. My kids occupied themselves for a good 10 minutes this morning decorating the cups with the stickers. *note to self: don't slack off on the Christmas party*

Then, tonite we headed out to church for the annual Thanksgiving chili and pie dinner. The church provides the chili and all of the toppings and every family is supposed to bring in a pie. Usually my grandma (who makes the best homemade pies) guides me through the whole pie making process. This year there was simply not enough time for me to have a "refresher" course in pie making. Honestly, I was going to attempt to make an apple pie all by myself but I wandered past the frozen case of Sara Lee pies at Meijer last nite. Again it was 10:30 and I felt all of my resolves rapidly weakening. It was actually my mom's fault because she was the one that pointed out the money saving/time saving frozen pies. I think I must have stood in front of the pies for 5 minutes debating "should I" or "shouldn't I". So *gasp* I cheated and bought a pie to take. And I'll also admit I skipped right past it and went for the homemade goodies tonite.

1 comment:

Zoe said...

i'm so with ya on the cheating.