11.25.2007

What The Puck!?!?!

Yesterday Tom and I enjoyed a rare "date nite". We dropped the kids off at my mom's and headed out of town. Before leaving Jackabama, I made Tom take a quick detour to Kohl's. I had been in there the day before and had spotted some Christmas dresses for the girls. With $30 in Kohl's cash and the dresses being 50% off, I scored both dresses for $10.60!!! I was so psyched! They're chocolate brown with pink polka dot skirts and feathery pink sleeve cuffs so now I've gotta find them some cute shoes to go with. I also need to find Austin a coordinating tie to wear with his little man suit. Any suggestions?


After waiting a ridiculously long time in the Starbucks drive-thru for a peppermint mocha (yummy), we headed to K-zoo to meet up with Micah and Lindsey for a hockey game at Wings Stadium. The game had already started by the time we got to our seats, but it was action packed. There were 2 fights within the first 10 minutes, then we saw the hockey puck come flying over the glass straight at us. We had enough time to throw our hands up real quick before it nailed the lady directly in front of us. We all heard the thwack as it ricocheted off her head. She seemed to be okay but then I spent the rest off the time silently freakin' out that I was next to get nailed.


We left the game shortly after the 3rd period started; not because of my irrational fear, but because we wanted to get something to eat. We got a table at Red Robin and enjoyed burgers (yummy, again) and real "grown-up" talk. By the time we headed home it was sleeting/snowing. It completely freaks me out to drive with Tom on long trips. Ok, so we were only an hour away... semi-long. But as soon as we hit the highway, he becomes some Jeff Gordon wanna be. So back to our drive home, it's dark, it's freezing cold and snowing/sleeting, he's still driving around 75mph, and he's talking on the phone. I'm one of those people who's always jamming on their imaginary brake so the car ride home was verrrry relaxing. We saw a 3 car accident but somehow, like always, he got me home safely.


Thanks, Micah and Lindsey, for a fun evening and thanks, Mom, for the free babysitting!!!

1 comment:

Zoe said...

given your prior post you do need some body armor!